Marinated chicken strips are ribbed onto skewers, then burnt and served on prime of rice and crisp vegetable mixture and drizzled with spicy peanut dressing.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|4 servings||30 minutes + 3 hours marinating||20 minutes|
|2||Table Spoon Vegetable Oil|
|59 5/34 ml||Soya Sauce|
|1 tablespoon||Fish Sauce|
|2||Cloves Garlic crushed|
|1 2.5 cm piece||Fresh Ginger peeled and finely chopped|
|500 g||Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast cut into thin strips|
|295 25/34 ml||Basmati Rice rinsed|
|100 g||Snow Peas halved|
|Grated Zest & Juice of 2 Limes|
|2 tablespoon||Fresh Coriander (Cilantro) chopped|
|1/2 small||Chinese Cabbage shredded|
|1/4||Telegraph (Long) Cucumber diced|
|4||Spring Onions (Scallions) shredded|
|Spicy Peanut Dressing|
|1 small||Onion finely chopped|
|59 5/34 ml||Crunchy Peanut Butter|
|1||Red Chili seeded and finely chopped|
|100 ml||Light Coconut Milk|
|1 teaspoon||Caster (Superfine) Sugar|
- Combine 0.5 of the oil, two tablespoons of the condiment, the fish sauce, garlic, and ginger in an exceeding bowl. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Cowl and refrigerate for a minimum of three hours.
- Add the rice to a cooking pan of boiling water and cook for ten minutes, till nearly tender. Put the snow peas for the last 2 minutes. Drain in an exceedingly sieve and rinse with cold water.
- Combine the lime zest and juice with the remaining oil and condiment in an exceedingly massive bowl. Add the rice and snow peas, coriander, Chinese cabbage, cucumber, and spring onions and toss along.
- Preheat the grill (broiler). elevate the chicken strips out of the marinade, reserving the marinade, and thread onto metal skewers (or onto soaked bamboo skewers if you wish to go away the chicken on them for serving). Grill (broil) for 8-10 minutes, turning to brown the chicken equally, till burnt through.
- Meanwhile, to form the dressing, place the onion, spread, chili, coconut milk, sugar, and reserved marinade in an exceedingly little cooking pan. wake up a boil, then scale back the warmth and gently cook, stirring, for five minutes. If the dressing is just too thick, add 2-3 tablespoons of water.
- Spread the dish over an outsized platter. take away the chicken type the skewers and organize on prime of the dish. Drizzle the chicken with the dressing and serve on heat or at a cool temperature.
Per serving: 653 calories, thirty-nine g macromolecule, twenty-eight g fat (8 g saturated fat), sixty-two g super molecule (7 g sugars), 4 g fiber, 1196 mg Na