Chocolate and peanut butter is a classic flavor combo that never gets old. And these Chocolate and Peanut Butter Shortbread Bars are the perfect way to enjoy it! They’re easy to make, and they only require a few simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry.
The Ingredients You’ll Need
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
The first step is to Preheat the oven to 350°F and Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on two sides. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, peanut butter, and vanilla until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture, mixing until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Press the dough evenly into the prepared pan; using a fork or the back of a spoon, prick the surface of the dough several times. Bake till golden brown and firm to the bit, concerning twenty minutes. Cool the fully within the pan on a wire rack.
In a small bowl, microwave the shortening and chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×8 inch of the baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk collectively the flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- In a massive bowl, cream collectively the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the peanut butter till it’s to be combined.
- Put the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and mix this until everything is well combined.
- Press the dough into the prepared pan, and use a fork to press evenly into the bottom.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and the center is set. Allow the cooling completely before cutting into bars.
If you love chocolate and peanut butter, then you’ll love these chocolate and peanut butter shortbread bars! They’re perfect for a quick snack or a dessert, and they’re so easy to make.
There are so many ways to vary this recipe – you can use different kinds of chocolate, or add in some chopped nuts or dried fruit. You can also change up the peanut butter filling by using a different kind of nut butter, or even a chocolate hazelnut spread. The possibilities are endless!
So what are you waiting for? Give this delicious chocolate and peanut butter shortbread bars a try today!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Shortbread Bars Recipe
Looking for a delicious and easy-to-make treat that everyone will love? Try these peanut butter chocolate shortbread bars! This recipe is so simple to follow, and the results are absolutely delicious. Peanut butter and chocolate are a classic flavor combination that never gets old, and shortbread is always a hit. These bars are perfect for a party or any time you want to enjoy a sweet treat.
To make these peanut butter chocolate shortbread bars, you will need:
-1 cup of peanut butter
-1 cup of chocolate chips
-1/2 cup of sugar
-1/2 cup of butter
-1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
-2 cups of flour
These chocolate and peanut butter shortbread bars are the perfect combinations of rich and sweet, with a little bit of salty thrown in for good measure. They’re incredibly easy to make, and they’re even more delicious when shared with friends (or kept all to yourself). We are hoping you enjoy them as much as we do!