This creamy Tuscan chicken may be a delicious one-skillet dinner your family will love! It is also keto-friendly and low carb!
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 25 mins.
Total Time: 35 mins.
Course: Dinner Main Course
Cuisine: American, casual, Italian.
Keyword: cast iron, creamy, one skillet
Servings: 6 servings
Calories: 524 kcal
- 2 tbsp. olive oil.
- 2 1/4 lbs. without bone , without skin, chicken breasts (thin cut)
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1.2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese, freshly grated + 1/4 cup for garnishing (optional)
- 1/3 cup of Gouda cheese, freshly grated
- 1 cup grape tomatoes. halved
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1 one/2 cup recent baby spinach leaves, roughly sliced
- Seasonal chicken with Italian seasoning, paprika, sea salt and pepper.
- In a 12-inch cast iron cooking pan over medium heat, add two tbsp. of oil.
- When the cooking pan gets nice and hot, add your chicken and sear on either side till brown. place a lid on the highest to assist the chicken cook. Don’t cook the chicken. the interior temperature ought to reach 165°F. Use a measuring device to assist. Take it away from the pan and put it aside.
- Add butter, garlic, onion, and diced tomatoes to the pan with Italian seasoning and Hungarian sauce for five minutes, stirring often on medium/low heat.
- De-glaze the pan with broth. Scrape the pan to get rid of the bits that may have stuck to the rock bottom. ensure to stay them within the pan as they add unbelievable flavor.
- Add cream, Parmesan cheese, Gouda, and spinach and simmer on medium heat till the sauce begins to thicken, stirring often in order that it doesn’t stick. (It took mine approximately seven minutes.)
- Add the chicken back to the cooking pan, and simmer on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese on top of the chicken if desired.
- Using a iron cooking pan can facilitate sear your chicken additional equally and conjointly develop the flavor higher.
- Use full-fat cream to get the most out of the flavor and your keto diet.
- Gouda cheese adds a pleasant flavor to the sauce, so attempt to not leave this out!
- Fresh spinach is most popular in this dish as opposed to frozen.
- If you like, you may substitute preserved tomatoes for the fresh tomatoes in this dish if you like.
Calories: 524kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 37g | Fiber: 1g | nutrition C: 1mg