This salad will have a lot of vegetables, so you can easily fit in more. It is a great choice to start your day with vegetables and greens if you are going on the keto diet plan. This means that you do not have to be hungry all the time but should really eat healthy and nutritious foods.
What you need for this recipe
1 package chicken satay sauce (I got it from here)
2 tablespoons of olive oil.
1 teaspoon of white sugar.
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 garlic clove
1/4 cup of carrots
2 sprigs basil
2/3 cups of broccoli florets
1 small red pepper
1 red onion
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup romaine lettuce
3 tbsp tomatoes
8 oz Greek yogurt
1.5 tbsp cornstarch yogurt
1 tbsp lime juice
4 sliced khaa bao (sweet potato chips)
Khaa Bao is a staple snack for many Malaysians. The taste of their satay chips is very sweet, and they also have some other snacks like fried rice sticks. There are so many types of chips as well. If you want more protein, then try making them yourself. These two things are very good together.
Here are the ingredients for our salad
Chicken: 1kg chicken
Avocado: 2kg avocado
Lemon: 1kg lemon
Salt: 3 tsp. salt
Oil: 4 tablespoons of oil
Whole milk: 1 1/2 cups whole milk (yes, 2 cups are needed at all times! )
Red peppers: 4 red bell peppers
Green peppers: 3 large green peppers
Tomatoes: 5 tomato sauce cans.
Red cabbage: 1kg pomfret
Butternut squash, 500g
Khaabao noodles: 10 packs/12 cups
Khaabao noodles, 1 pack
Lettuce: one bunch or so lettuce leaves
Bamboo shoots: 6 ounces
Avocado Sauce – 1L
- To make the chicken piece, I cut out half of the chicken skin with a knife and make sure it is no thicker than 2 cm thick, then chop all of the meat into pieces. Then I made a slit in the top of the pieces to take off a portion of their skin. Then I used a long fork to push down and in from both sides until only the flesh was left. Next, cut the egg yolks back into pieces and put them aside. Now start shredding the skin back into the chop pieces. It will make everything more manageable. Assemble the pieces of chicken and pile them onto the chopping board, and spread some more on each side, then arrange them onto the plate.
- Next, I cut the avocado from the fruit and put a few slices of avocado on the top. Squeeze a couple drops of lemon juice inside of it and place a slice of lemon slice on the fruit slices. Arrange another avocado slice on the side of the salad. Now it’s time for garnishing the salad and a little bit more dressing.
- Before you go through the trouble of trying these different kinds of salad dressings, think about what you want a salad to look like. What kind of lettuce do you like? Do you like any leafy greens? Or is it just plain spinach? Try out whatever suits you best. All this has to do with how the chicken and ingredients taste. And for my personal opinion, I would prefer spinach because not only is it crunchy but so tasty too. It’s such an easy way to add greens to something!
- Next, I started adding up the layers on the bottom of the salad: cabbage, kale, basil, mushrooms, lettuce, tomato, apple cider vinegar, coriander seeds, and some more salad greens. But not only that, but I also added two carrots to the bottom. So the layers of vegetables are now finished, but the salad may still taste better.
- Lastly, it’s time to serve the salad! Here you can select your favourite vegetables, such as broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, spinach, eggplant, aspagus, or anything else you like. You can even use chopped vegetables if you do not care for large amounts of vegetables in your salad. You can even use kraut!